Friday, January 30, 2009

You did what?

So, last night I'm getting Jessie ready for bed when Jamie comes in to the room. I'm not surprised to see her because no matter how many times I've tried to explain that I would prefer not to excite Jessie before sleep she still comes in to play goochy goo with her sister. However, this time was different. Jamie was standing there holding her forehead with a look of .. I don't know how to explain it (though I recognize the face) maybe fear describes it best. I ask her, are you hurt, did you bonk your head? She shakes her head no. I then ask (somehow already knowing the answer), did you cut your bangs? She nods yes. I take a deep breath and tell her I'll meet her in her room. I hand off the baby to Jeff because I need to be able to wrap my head around what could be a disaster. I go to her room and ask to see the damage. She shows me. I'm relieved, because it could have been worse. In fact I think I've seen women pay to have their hair dresser give this uneven look. I think unless you where looking her in the face you probably wouldn't even notice. I feel like she knows she screwed up (and I've done it before myself) so I avoided the screaming. Though she lost all scissor privileges (which she typically uses for her art projects). Jeff of course had a fit. I suppose it's right to have one, though I'm remembering all the trouble he caused his parents. Maybe he did too, because he calmed down pretty quick.

2 comments:

Mike said...

At least she didn't cut her sisters Strawberry Shortcakes hair. :-)

Kim said...

It can always be worse... my friend's daughter had hair down to her waist and then she gave herself a bob... a very SHORT bob...