Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daddy's little girl

I've heard of such a thing, but I never expected to experience it. Afterall I carried them, I birthed them, I nursed them and I get up when they cry in the middle of the night. I've suspected this might be the case, but felt it was pretty well confirmed as I watched Jeff carrying Jessie and she smiled at me from over his shoulder. When he comes home she is eager to greet him. When he leaves she makes sure to get her good bye hug. They really seem to get each other. I witnessed them playing quite contently discussing the finer points of Legos. He would build something and she would take it apart. Not in a demolition sort of way but a meticulous disconnect of each piece. Jeff is also able to sooth her, sometimes even better than me. Yep, it's hard to say... though I'm very happy for them... she is her Daddy's girl.

No comments: