Friday, June 26, 2009

banana?

Every once in awhile I hear utterances from Jessie that sound a lot like specific words. She seems so close to talking, but she won't do it on command, only when she feels like it. She loves signing too, you can tell when she is signing row row your boat, you can tell when she is signing her ABCs and this morning I heard her sing ee-I-ee-I-oh. Anyway.. I'm never sure where she is going with her language, she seems to have a lot to say about something. However, this morning she used a word on purpose to communicate with me, which made me very excited! We where in the kitchen this morning and I was packing up lunches for the day, Jessie came over to me and reached to be lifted up. I picked her up and she asked banana? It was so clear.. I expected it to come out nana..but she asked banana? I asked her, do you want a banana? She nodded yes vigorously. Sadly, we had just run out. It was really neat though for me to have a 2 sided communication with her. I guess I'm easy to impress ; )

No comments: